The SoundBite Hearing System is the world's first non-surgical and removable hearing solution to use the well-established principle of bone conduction to imperceptibly transmit sound via the teeth. It is intended to help patients who are essentially deaf in one ear regain spatial hearing ability and rejoin the conversation of life. Nearly invisible when worn, the SoundBite system consists of an easy to insert and remove ITM
(in-the-mouth) hearing device – which is custom made to fit around the upper, left or right, back teeth – and a small BTE
(behind-the-ear) microphone unit. No modifications to the teeth are required.
on tooth model
- No surgery required. SoundBite is simple, removable, and totally non-invasive. Patients need no dental work or alterations to the teeth.
- Virtually invisible. No one will be able to tell patients are wearing it.
- Clinically proven to improve the ability to hear and understand speech, even in noisy environments.
- Takes advantage of the natural sound processing capability of the patient's own inner ear as the microphone is placed in the ear canal of the deaf ear.
- Broad frequency response range up to 12 kHz.
- Comfortable. Each easy-to-wear SoundBite device is custom made. Patients will barely notice they're wearing it as they can continue to eat, drink, and bite down normally.
For more information about SoundBite, visit the following pages:
- The Technology
- SoundBite in Detail
- Treatment Process
- Clinical & Scientific Information
- Product Images
To learn more about the innovative SoundBite Hearing System, visit www.soundbitehearing.com.